Dudhsagar Waterfalls—a splendid destination is located between the exquisite trees of Western ghats in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and Mollem National Park in Sanguem Taluka. From the Western Ghats, the Mandovi River flows down from the height of 1017 ft through the steeper part of the mountains. This flowing river creates an awe-inspiring sight for nature lovers. There is no direct route to Dudhsagar Falls from Goa. The best way to reach Dudhsagar fall to Kulem and From Kulem, it is a 4 km hike to the Dudhsagar Falls.
Dudhsagar is popularly known as the ‘’Sea of Milk’’ because it has a milky appearance. The water spouting from the height of 300m undoubtedly feels pacifying for the eyes and mind. Due to its color, it seems like the milk is pouring down from the high mountains. During the monsoon season. Dudhsagar falls becomes incredibly captivating and become the center of tourist attraction. You will see many trains passing through this spectacular beauty. However, very few trains stop near Dudhsagar station.
The Story of Dudhsagar Falls
The local people believe that once a princess, the daughter of the King of Ghats, was at a lake that was situated near the castle of her father. She was taking a bath at the lake. After she took the bath, she sat beside the lake with her maidens. She drank some milk from a pot made of gold. The pot was decorated with precious diamonds fixed on it.
A prince happened to ride through the woods near the lake. He heard some voices of laughter which made the prince anxious about the voices and he followed them to discover where the voices were coming from. He was surprised to see the barely dressed princess who was immediately covered by the curtain of the milk poured from the pot by her maidens to protect her honor.
The curtain that was formed by pouring milk to protect the chastity of the princess later became famous as ‘“Dudhsagar Falls”.
Dudhsagar Jeep Safari Tour Packages
Dudhsagar is an ideal place for tourists who love to spend quality time while staying in Goa. A large number of foreign travelers also visit the spot. Dudhsagar waterfalls are getting famous day by day. You will see an influx of visitors on weekends and weekdays as well.
You can opt for multiple alternative ways leading to Dudhsagar waterfalls because it is located at a 60km distance from Panjim, the capital of Goa. We value your convenience, which is why we have arranged pickup and drop-off facilities for you. You will spend around 30-40 minutes in a jeep safari moving through the dark dense forest and a couple of rivulets. The pleasure of this journey will be doubled when you will reach Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary.
At this place, you will love to see the beautiful and unique birds and animals. You will be stunned by the beauty of these creatures. Moving through the interesting pathways, you will be led to the falls by the jeep. You will have plenty of time for the activities like swimming in the pools, having your favorite drinks, taking a stroll, feeding the monkeys, or spending time relaxing beside the falls. The enjoyment of the tour does not end here. At the end of the tour, you will have a spice plantation tour and an elephant ride. You will still have many incentives in the tour you are going to read about.
Timings of the tour
Undoubtedly, this is going to be a tiring yet adventurous tour. This fun-loaded tour will start at 6:00 am and end around 5:30 pm. Dudhsagar falls remain open for tourist till 4:30 pm and that’s the only sad thing in the entire tour because you will never get enough of its charm and beauty.
Dudhsagar Falls full-day trip package starts from Rs 1699/- for each adult and child of 5 years and above. The price plan includes the charges of pickup and drop-off, the booking price of the jeep, the entry fee, and the guidance of the tour to the falls.
Discover more fun and adventure in wildlife in Goa, buffet lunch, and spice farm. We have years of experience in satisfying our tourists and making their tours memorable for the rest of their life.
Overview of the Jeep Safari
- The jeep safari starts at Mollem National park. From this spot, you will be taken to the verdant forest areas. The drive will last for around 45-60 minutes. You can opt for the Safari tour individually, with your family, or for a couple.
- You will see the diverse species of wildlife in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary that is taken care of by the Forest Department. Unique species of birds and animals like Drongo, emerald dove, Myna, Flycatcher, Yellow Bulbul having a ruby throat, Fairy bluebird, Black Panther, Barking deer, Bengal tiger, leopards, bonnet Macaque, sambar, and many others are kept to show you. Besides birds and animals, a variety of butterflies like Blue Mormon, and common Jezebel spread their colors to enhance the beauty of the wildlife destination.
- The transportation used for pickup and drop-off will be provided from all the hotels booked in Calangute, Arpora, Baha, Sinquerim, Nerul, and Candolim.
- The spooky water canyon known as Devil’s Canyon is situated near Dudhsagar falls and flows in a downward direction. Due to dangerous underwater currents, this spot is dangerous even for expert swimmers.
- As we mentioned above, the timings for Dudhsagar falls jeep safari is from 6:00 am to 5:30 pm. This timing is flexible during the peak seasons.
- You can also enjoy hiring a vehicle at Sanctuary to reach sunset point.
Spice Plantation Tour
- Experience the captivating Mollem Spice Plantation with us on a spic plantation tour. Here you will be served herbal tea after which you will be led on a guided tour of the spice farm. You will see a variety of spices, which include betel nut plants, fruit trees, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Take delight in the mouthwatering, traditional Goan food that will be presented to you on a banana leaf.
- Add more enjoyment of an evening with the elephants and an “elephant shower.”
- If you want to enjoy an elephant ride and an elephant shower, you will have the option to pay on the spot and have more fun.
A Complimentary Visit to Old Goa Church
When you are on the safari tour with us, you will have the option of visiting these churches
- Basilica of Bom Jesus
- The mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier, the patron saint of Goa
Pickup and Drop Off
The tourists will be facilitated with pick-ups and drop-offs to and from hotels booked only in Calangute, Candolim, Arpora, Baga, Nagoa, Sinquerim, and Nerul areas. You can also hire a private vehicle for your convenience. Please read the price plan for these vehicles.
You will have approx 12 Hours of fun-filled tour (06:00 am – 06:30 pm).
This Tour Includes
- You will travel in a shared AC Transport.
- You will enjoy a Jeep Safari.
- You will enjoy a trip along with a jeep booking through the Mollem National Park.
- You will be provided with a Life Jacket.
- You can use the life jacket when you reach the base of the waterfall.
- You will also have a Spice Plantation Trip including.
- You will be provided with a complete guide for the Spice Plantation tour.
- You will relish the Goan buffet ( Veg/non-veg).
- We will pay the Waterfalls Entry fees.
This Tour Excludes
- Breakfast will not be provided
- Swimwear is not available
- You will not be provided with Mineral water and beverages
- We don’t pay your Camera fees
- No Towels will be provided
- Payments for the Elephant ride & Shower are not included
There are no reviews yet.